Hey guys, sorry for a bit of hiatus. Everyone knows what happens once the semester starts. We are so happy to get back to blogging. We are going to try to post about once a week.
If you’re in college, it’s your time to be overly optimistic of the change you can make in the world. At the same time, you’re being educated on everything under the moon. At the great University of Texas (hook ‘em), alma mater of my boy Matthew Mcconaughey, we have a slogan that is the beginning and end of every single official speech ever . We say “what starts here changes the world.” I think it really captures the collegiate optimism found all around the country and the world. We wanted to take some of that drive and convert it into actions. Everyone wants to be more environmentally friendly, but they don’t want to spend a lot of money or time to do. We found ways to save MONEY and be environmentally friendly at the same time. Let’s be real you’d rather spend their money on dollar margs or tacos instead of utilities.
- Buy a Brita Filter instead of bottled water
- Turn the water off while you scrub dishes
- Turn the water off while you brush your teeth
- PACK your dishwasher (if you’re mom can fit more stuff in it then it isn’t full)
- Unplug your electronics while you sleep
- Shorten your shower by only allowing yourself to listen to a 2-3 songs
- Take notes on your laptop or iPad
- Fill a bottle with water and stick it in your toilet tank (it offsets the water level and uses less water)
- Carpool to campus with your roommates/friends
- Use towels instead of paper towels.
What do you do to being environmentally friendly? Are you going to try any of our tips? Do you have some tricks you use to be more environmentally friendly?