Today, on What I Eat Wednesday, I have my favorite kind of romantic meal. Named after Tom Haverford, my boyfriend and I call this Chicky Chicky Pasta Pasta. Now, this meal is definitely not the healthiest again, but it is quick! I made this in under 20 minutes and it tastes amazing.This can take longer if you decide to make it all in one pan, but it is possible! When my boyfriend and I started dating, he used to make this for me every Monday, and it is delicious. Y’all know I love baking, so I tried to make this recipe as similar to (and as precise as) a baking recipe. If you’re spending Valentine’s Day itself not spending a billion dollars on all those dumb set menus, this is perfect for you. Can you tell how I feel about set menus? This would go perfectly with Brussels Sprouts too! Also, I promise the chicken is cooked, but the editing made it look super pink instead of the golden.
I make this recipe using just spinach because it’s my favorite vegetable. Feel free to add as many vegetables to this as you’d like. For meat, I prefer to use pre-seasoned boneless skinless thinly-sliced chicken breasts. I’m weird and have been using the same pre-seasoned lemon pepper chicken for three and a half years now. Feel free to use any kind of chicken and cut that you’d like. If you want to add some additional flavor, feel free to use bacon. I don’t eat red meats, so it’s not my cup of tea. Lastly, I like to use some other than normal pasta. In this recipe, I used pasta with a serving of vegetables, but otherwise, I recommend the Banza Chickpea pasta if you want protein. Also, feel free to make it as creamy or cheesy as you depended on your personal preference!
Serving Size: 2
- 2 boneless skinless thinly-sliced chicken breast (I used lemon-pepper seasoned)
- 1.5 cup pasta (about half a box) of farfalle or penne
- 1/2 bag spinach (3.0-4.5 oz)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste (for me that’s tons)
- Put salted water to boil and cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- In the mean time, heat a pan to medium heat.
- Wait till hot and cook chicken breast for 3 minutes on each side or till completely cooked. Set aside to rest.
- In olive oil, cook garlic for 30-45 seconds.
- Add spinach and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes or until cooked down.
- Move to low heat and add whipping cream, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Slice chicken breast and add pasta to spinach and sauce mixture.
- Let sauce turn from white to creamy.
- Mix and serve.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans? What’s your go-to cozy meal? If you make this, tag us on Instagram #pfeats!