I think is the most excited I’ve been for an Ipsy in a loooong time. I’ve done a few of these previously, but I love my Ipsy. I’m a person who does a lot of research before buying anything, especially makeup and skincare. Ipsy allows me to try out new products without giving myself and ulcer trying to figure out the ~best~ things to buy.
First of all, I love the bag this month. It’s simple and cute; I repurpose my Ipsy bags as storage in my bathroom, room, and purses. This month I got the NYX Faux Blacks in Obsidian, First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, Derma-E Radiant Glow Face Oil, MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in Black, Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Orchid Ornament.
- NYX Faux Blacks in Obsidian is my surprising favorite of the month. In high school, I definitely wore an aggressively amount of liner in my tight line and waterline, as proven by this Insta. Since then, I’ve switched to top liquid liner only. Since then, my stick and gel liner consumption has seriously dropped. The cool part of this faux blacks liner is that they go on really dark and smudgy (in a good way) but have a fun colorful edge. I’ve been wearing this daily on my lash line and tight line. I love how the deep navy hue make my dark brown eyes pop.
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser is an old favorite. Every Christmas for the past 5-ish years, I buy the First Aid Beauty set and fall in love again. I ran out of makeup remover, and this cleanser takes off my makeup without being too stripping.
- Derma-E Radiant Glow Face Oil was my biggest disappointment of this Ipsy. In the winter, I love being able to use a face oil. In Texas, for 9 months out of the year, my super oily skin can’t handle the oil. However, I hate the smell of this face oil. Obviously, if its on your face, it tends to linger. I have to alternate recommendations: Tarte Maracuja Oil and the Trader Joe’s Vitamin E OIl.
- MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in Black was surprisingly good. If you watched Youtube videos in 2008/2009, everyone had all MAC everything but never the mascaras. This time around they have honestly killed it. I think the mascara, and the formula is great. I didn’t even have to wait for it to dry out before it started doing what I wanted it todo.
- Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Orchid Ornament was my “indifferent” pick of the bag. I don’t love the lighter color particularly, and sometimes use it to highlight. The darker color is pretty, but I prefer matte crease colors.
Do y’all subscribe to a subscription beauty box? What do y’all want to try??